Frequently asked questions
Here are some basic recommendations before you get started with your virtual visits:
- Telemedicine will not be for all patients. For technological or other reasons, some patients will not be good candidates for video consultations. Consultation by telephone may be preferable.
- The web version must be accessed from the Chrome browser. (download Chrome)
- Make sure you have the patient’s phone number as a “plan B” in case you experience technical problems during the video call. Also make sure the patient has a number to call if they have a question or problem.
- If you are having your virtual consultations on a mobile device, make sure to connect your device to a power source since videoconferencing goes through mobile devices battery life quickly.
- The application tutorials are on YouTube. Some establishments block access to YouTube on their internal network. You may have to watch them on your personal device in such cases.
- Step by step guide to prepare your first use of the Reacts application and how to invite your patients
- Consult the instructions for your patients to prepare them for their first video visit with their healthcare professional using the Reacts app
- Here are some tutorials to help you discover the basic features in Reacts:
Problems receiving Reacts emails and problems with passwords
1) I HAVEN’T RECEIVED MY REACTS ACTIVATION EMAIL
- First check all your mailboxes, both professional and personal.
- We used the correspondence address on record with your professional association.
- Check your spam box.
2) STILL NOT RECEIVED: WRONG OR MISSING EMAIL
Please contact your organization
3) WISH TO CHANGE EMAIL ADDRESS
- The email address serves as the unique identifier for the account.
- Please contact your organization
4) I FORGOT MY PASSWORD
You just have to open the application and click on "Forgot your password?” below the sign-in box. You simply need to follow the instructions to reset your password.
5) I JUST RECEIVED THIS INVITATION ON MY PERSONAL EMAIL. AS I AM A SPECIALIST AND I INTEND TO CONTACT PATIENTS BY REACTS, I WOULD LIKE FOR MY PRO SUBSCRIPTION PAID FOR BY MY PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION TO BE LINKED TO MY PROFESSIONAL EMAIL.
- Your email address is not visible to other users on Reacts. The email is only used for registration, login and password management.
- When users communicate with each other, only their Reacts identifier (i.e. username) is visible.
Technological issues and questions
1) I DO NOT HAVE A WEBCAM ON MY COMPUTER, WHO SHOULD I CONTACT TO HAVE ONE?
The telehealth team associated with your organization.
2) CAN I USE REACTS ON BOTH MY MOBILE DEVICES AND PERSONAL COMPUTER?
3) CAN I USE THE HOSPITAL WI-FI INSTEAD OF MY OWN DATA PLAN?
Both can be used. The quality of video teleconsultations will be directly related to the quality of the internet connection used (regardless of whether by Wi-Fi or cellular connection). It is important to ensure that you have an adequate internet connection (also on the patient's side).
4) CAN WE INSTALL THE APPLICATION ON SEVERAL DEVICES WITH THE SAME ACCOUNT?
Yes. However, you cannot use the application on several devices simultaneously with the same account for security reasons.
Basic questions about the application or its use
5) I DON’T HAVE AUDIO WHILE IN A SESSION
First check that your speakers or headphones are connected properly and are not on "mute".
- Mobile version of the application (iOS or Android): you must have agreed to share your microphone during the installation of the application for your microphone to work (see the Reacts Getting Started guide, step 3, “Access from smartphones or tablet”. If you did not agree to share your microphone during installation, you just have to go to the "settings" section of your mobile device, find the Reacts application, and activate the microphone.
- Web version (on Chrome): you must have agreed to share your microphone during the installation of the application for your microphone to work (see the Reacts Getting Started guide, step 3, “Access from a computer”. If you did not agree to share your microphone during the installation, you just have to check the permissions given in your web browser and/or check the "settings" section of Reacts to activate the microphone (see the Reacts Getting Started guide, step 4, “Connect to Reacts before your first video visit”.
6) I DON'T HAVE VIDEO WHILE IN A SESSION
- First make sure you have a webcam connected to your device.
- Make sure that nothing is obstructing your computer’s webcam
- Mobile version of the application (iOS or Android): you must have agreed to share your camera during the installation of the application for your camera to work (see the Reacts Getting Started guide, step 3, “Access from smartphones or tablets”. If you did not agree to share your camera during installation, you just have to go to the "settings" section of your mobile device, find the Reacts app, and activate the camera.
- Web version (on Chrome): you must have agreed to share your camera during the installation of the application for your camera to work (see the Reacts Getting Started guide, step 3, “Access from a computer”. If you did not agree to share your camera during the installation, you just have to go check the permissions given in your web browser and/or go check the "settings" section of Reacts to activate the camera (see Reacts Getting Started guide, step 4, “Connect to Reacts before your first video visit”.
7) I HAVE AN OLD DEVICE THAT DOES NOT ALLOW ME TO USE REACTS, WHAT DO I DO?
If you have a mobile device or computer that is outdated and does not support the use of Reacts, you will not be able to use the app.
8) THE INTERNET AT MY CENTER IS NOT PERFORMING WELL ENOUGH, WHAT DO I DO?
Please consult your local IT or telehealth team. The quality of video teleconsultations will be directly related to the quality of the internet connection used (regardless of whether by Wi-Fi or cellular connection). It is important to ensure that you have an adequate internet connection (also on the patient's side).
9) HOW DO I DOWNLOAD CHROME?
Chrome is a free application that can be downloaded here (no administrator privileges are required to install it)
10) CAN I ACCESS THE WEB VERSION OF REACTS VIA EXPLORER OR SAFARI?
No. For the moment, Reacts web can only be accessed via the Chrome browser.
11) I HAVE NOT FOUND A REACTS VERSION TO DOWNLOAD ON MY MAC, WHAT DO I DO?
With a Mac computer, please use the web version of Reacts with the Chrome browser (there is no downloadable version for Mac).
12) HOW CAN I INVITE A COLLEAGUE FROM ANOTHER HOSPITAL TO MY REACTS CONTACT LIST?
Please refer to brief tutorials for mobile and web versions
13) HOW MANY PATIENTS CAN WE INVITE SEPARATELY?
The limit is 1,000 guests per organization.
14) CAN WE CREATE AN ORGANIZATIONAL REACTS PRO SUBSCRIPTION ACCOUNT FOR A TEAM OF SPECIALISTS VIA A COMMUNITY CLINIC?
15) CAN A REACTS CONTACT REQUEST BE SENT TO A PATIENT'S MOBILE DEVICE?
Requests are sent by email and the session can be performed on any device. The user must of course download the application to their mobile device. For computers, the user must access via Reacts web (with the Chrome browser).
16) DOES THE GUEST NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE REACTS APP?
Yes, if they intend to use the mobile version of Reacts. If they want to use Reacts on a computer, they just have to use the web version of Reacts (using the Chrome browser). This will be used for authentication.
17) IF OUR CONFIGURATION IS SET IN ENGLISH, AND WE CONSULT WITH A FRENCH-SPEAKING PATIENT, SHOULD WE CHANGE OUR SETTINGS EACH TIME?
The initial Reacts invitation sent to your guest will be in the same language as your interface setting. Once the user creates his/her own account, they can set the language to French or English.
18) CAN WE RECORD THE MEETING (DIFFICULT INTERVIEW TYPE) WHILE OBVIOUSLY ASKING THE PATIENT?
Yes, but you must use the Windows Reacts version. The latter has a very simple session recording function.
19) CAN WE CREATE GROUPS IN OUR CONTACTS?
Yes, but not directly in the application. This functionality will be coming in a later version of Reacts.
20) CAN WE INVITE OTHER PROFESSIONALS?
Yes, from your contacts, by clicking on "Add a new contact" and typing the name of the contact in the search bar (see explanation above)
21) CAN THE ON-CALL FUNCTION BE COMBINED WITH A SCHEDULING APPLICATION?
No. REACTS is not currently integrated with commercial scheduling application.
22) WHO WILL SCHEDULE PATIENTS IN REACTS? THE HOSPITAL CLERICAL STAFF? US?
The original intention is to do it independently. Please check with your establishment if you have or would like other processes.
23) ARE THE SESSION VIDEOS RECORDED AND STORED?
No. However, the Windows version of Reacts has a recording function that can be used if there is a need for you to record videos of your sessions. The other Reacts versions (web and mobile) do not have recording capabilities.
Questions related to making virtual appointments and getting in touch patients with Reacts
1) HOW CAN I SCHEDULE A VIRTUAL APPOINTMENT MYSELF IN REACTS WITHOUT THE PATIENT BEING ABLE TO BE IN CONTACT WITH ME OUTSIDE THE TIME OF THE APPOINTMENT?
2) CAN MY ASSISTANT SCHEDULE A VIRTUAL APPOINTMENT FOR ME (WITHOUT THE PATIENT BEING ABLE TO BE IN CONTACT WITH ME OUTSIDE THE TIME OF THE APPOINTMENT)?
Yes, but your assistant must have a Reacts Pro subscription. See this tutorial on how an assistant can schedule an appointment between a patient and a professional
3) HOW CAN I INVITE MY PATIENTS INTO MY CONTACT LIST SO THAT WE CAN HAVE BILATERAL CONTACT (I.E.: PATIENTS CAN REACH THE PROFESSIONAL AND VICE VERSA)?
Please refer to the Pro Getting Started guide, step 5, option C
4) CAN MY SECRETARY INVITE PATIENTS TO MY CONTACT LIST FOR ME?
Yes, but your assistant must have a Reacts Pro subscription. Please refer to step 5 of the Pro Getting Started guide.
5) IS IT POSSIBLE TO SET AN APPOINTMENT WITH A PATIENT BY TEXT?
It is not possible to invite patients by text; you must obtain their email addresses.
6) CAN THE GUEST REQUEST A CONSULTATION HIMSELF?
7) HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN BE ON A CONFERENCE CALL AT THE SAME TIME?
Up to 6 people (total)
8) AS A DERMATOLOGIST, SEEING A PHOTO BEFORE THE PATIENT WOULD BE VERY USEFUL. WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO SHOW US HOW THE PATIENT CAN ATTACH PHOTOS THAT WE CAN CONSULT BEFORE SEEING THEM?
Absolutely. You just have to invite the patient via your dashboard by following the instructions given in the Pro Getting Started guide, step 5, option C. Once the patient has created their subscription and downloaded the application, they can send you photos via the secure messaging feature.
9) WHO WILL SCHEDULE PATIENTS FOR THEIR SESSIONS IN REACTS? THE HOSPITAL CLERICAL STAFF? OURSELVES?
This must be determined by each establishment. Please refer to Step 5 of the Pro Getting Started guide.
1) HOW DO I PROCEED WITH INVOICING?
Please refer to your provincial billing guide.
2) WHAT CODE SHOULD I USE AND WHAT DO I ENTER?
Consult your provincial billing guide.
3) AM I COVERED BY MY INSURANCE (CMPA) TO DO THIS?
Please consult the CMPA website (for Canadian physicians).
4) IT WILL BE IMPORTANT TO HAVE THE EXACT START AND END TIMES AND DURATION FOR BILLING. DO WE HAVE THIS INFO IN REACTS?
As soon as a virtual consultation begins, you will see an on-screen counter which indicates the duration of the session. You must however note the time of your teleconsultation yourself. Please note that although information about the start and end of the consultation does not appear, it is logged in the Reacts system in case an audit is required. A subsequent version of Reacts will display this information in the user dashboard.
5) NEED HELP INCORPORATING REACTS IN YOUR PRACTICE?
- Consult your establishment’s telehealth coordination centers
- Some associations have designated super-users ready to help you
- Your professional association can also answer certain questions.